Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Welcome to my Blog!

The reason I am doing this blog is to help someone that is in the same shoes I was in 6 months ago. In August 2009, we began a journey to heal my son from what we thought was just Asthma & realized along the way he had Celiac disease. We are very thankful to know this information & believe that not only did this diagnosis help Cameron, but it also saved my husbands' life. And only God knows what this change is doing for myself & Kasen. This has been a tuff 6 months for us, but I wouldn't change it for the world. * I would like to share more about our med. history & how this all came about ...because it is just amazing to see how God worked in our lives, but I think it will have to wait 'till a bit later. It is very lengthy & I know it will make me cry all over again....so bare with me while I work on that.
Now back to reasons for doing this:
My hopes are that parents will see that this can be done (meaning dietary changes) & you can still enjoy life to the fullest. I believe that we are enjoying life much better than ever before & I can't say that any of us are missing anything. I don't know how many times I have heard a parent say "wow what exceptional kids you have, mine would never eat that or go along with these changes the way yours have". Well I have news for you ....my kids are just like every other kid out there. It is not easy for the parents or the kids, but it does get better & easier with time. You just have to decide you want health for your child & family. I also believe Prayer & patience is formost! ....Our lives have been changed completely ONLY by the GRACE of God.
I would also like to share recipes, articles, & encouragement. We have been helped by a few exceptionally awesome people and so I would also like to share about them as well.
We have seen tremendous things happen with a Gluten free/ Casien free diet, but we have also seen that chiropractic care, vitamin supp, speech therapy have all played a major role in Cameron's health & well being. I know that we can not do one with out the other.
Hopefully this blog will be helpful to your family. I know just getting this out will be helpful to me as well.
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment