Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thanksgiving Recipes

Jenny’s Simple GF Pumpkin Pie


Start with “Gluten Free Pantry” Perfect Pie crust mix

*make according to directions – (makes 4 -8 in crusts) as for me it made 2 crusts, I used glass pie dish.

*key to the crust is to keep butter (Earth balance) chilled before cutting it into mix, follow directions.

*Also I did use sugar in the crust.



Pumpkin mixture

½ C sugar

¼ C brown sugar

½ tsp salt

2 tsp ground pumpkin pie spice mixture (I used Spice Islands brand)

2 large eggs

1 can (15 oz) Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin

12 oz can coconut milk

2 ½ T instant Tapioca



Pre-heat oven 425 degrees F.

Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl.

Beat eggs in a larger bowl. Add in wet ingredients, spices, & Tapioca. Mix well.

Pour into (unbaked) pie shell. Bake in oven 425 degrees F for 15 minutes, then Reduce temperature to 350 F & bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Serve or refrigerate.

1 comment:

  1. could I use sucanat or agave nectar in place of the sugar- I try to avoid refined sugar at all costs?

    ReplyDelete